We understand that every child is unique and is considered a special gift from God. Children deserve to be cared for, nurtured, and loved and they should learn while having fun. We provide a caring Christian community for our students through our early education programs and up through 8th Grade.
At Prince of Peace Lutheran School, we believe, teach, and confess the following concerning the Christian faith.
1. The Bible is God’s Word, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error.
Thus, at Prince of Peace Lutheran School, all of our teaching is based upon the Bible and in agreement with it. We are a Lutheran Church Missouri Synod School with a rich heritage of Lutheran doctrine and biblical teaching.
2. The Bible contains both God’s Law and Gospel. In the Law, God commands good works of thought, word and deed and condemns and punishes sin. The Gospel is the good news that God through His Son Jesus Christ gives us forgiveness, life and salvation.
Thus, at Prince of Peace Lutheran School, we clearly teach students God’s Law, His unchanging “right” and “wrong”. At the same time we gladly share the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the good news of salvation provided freely for us through the death of Christ on the cross to pay for our sins.
3. God the Father, who created and sustains all things.
Thus, at Prince of Peace Lutheran School, we teach that God created all things as found in Genesis 1 and 2 and supported throughout scripture. This includes the authoritative teachings of scripture concerning sexuality, that sex is reserved for a man and a woman in a marital relationship (Romans 1:18 and Ephesians 5:21-33).
4. Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world, is at the heart and center of the Bible, and therefore the key to its true meaning.
Thus, at Prince of Peace Lutheran School, Jesus is confessed at every opportunity so that students may grow in grace and knowledge of Him and mature in the understanding and following of His Word.
5. The Holy Spirit works faith and love in the hearts and lives of people through ministry of the Word of God and the Sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion.
Thus, at Prince of Peace Lutheran School, students and families are invited and encouraged to be part of a local congregation where their faith will be nourished by God’s word.
6. Jesus gave the Great Commission to “go and make disciples of all nations.”
Thus, at Prince of Peace Lutheran School, students are taught to share and confess the Gospel of Jesus Christ that many more people would know him as Lord and Savior.